Turn Jack's spicy Italian salami into a fancy appetizer for your next party. All you need is caramelized onions and everyone's favorite little pickles, cornichons.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1/2 pound Jack’s Gourmet Spicy Italian Style Salami, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 16 slices of a baguette, cut on a bias, ¼” thick
- 3 tablespoons caramelized onions* (recipe follows)
- 16 cornichons (tiny French pickles)
1. Spread mustard on baguette slices. Layer salami on top. Garnish each crostini with caramelized onions and a cornichon.
2. Slice one large onion into very thin slices. Heat frying pan on medium heat, add 1 ½ tablespoons oil, sliced onions and 1 teaspoon of salt.
3. Lower heat, cover pan and cook for about twenty minutes until onions are extremely tender and golden brown.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Winter 2012 - SUBSCRIBE NOW