- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 11 ServingsServings
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon kosher salt (use the lesser amount if using lightly salted microwave popcorn)
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups California walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 9 cups freshly popped unsalted popcorn, see instructions below
- 1 cup Golden raisins
1 Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or no-stick aluminum foil; set aside.
2 In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cayenne, cumin, curry, salt, and pepper; whisk until very well combined.
3 Add the walnuts and toss well to coat completely. Add the popcorn and toss until the popcorn is well-speckled with the spice mixture -- you will still see a lot of the white, but that''s fine.
4 Add the walnuts and toss well to coat completely. Add the popcorn and toss until the popcorn is well-speckled with the spice mixtu
5 Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tray and spread it out over the entire sheet.
6 Bake until the coating is dry and both nuts and popcorn are crisp, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
7 Add raisins and mix well.
8 Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
California Walnut Board