These Spicy Espresso Truffles are an exciting variation of a classic truffles. With a mix of cayenne, espresso and cinnamon, the truffles are full of flavour and delectable.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 truffles ServingsServings
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1/2 cup non-dairy whipping cream or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup prepared espresso
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Place the chocolate and margarine in a glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir and repeat this process one more time.
2. Separately, heat the cream, espresso, cayenne pepper and cinnamon over medium heat until simmering. Remove from the heat and pour over the melted chocolate mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir the chocolate until the mixture is smooth
3. Pour the chocolate mixture, called ganache, into a bowl and refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out the ganache and roll into balls with your hands. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll truffles in powdered sugar and serve or store.