- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cup eggplant, ¼-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon sliced green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 cup chopped roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- matzo crackers or tortilla chips for serving
In a medium saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add eggplant and garlic and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes, or until eggplant softens but is still holding its shape. Set aside to cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine olives, capers, tomatoes, onions, parsley, vinegar, pepper flakes, lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir to mix well. Add cooled eggplant mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve cool or at room temperature with crackers or tortilla chips. Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.