Spicy Citrus Tilapia is cooked to perfection and served over a bed of onions for maximum flavor. Make this fish any night of the week and everyone will love it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tilapia filets, about 1 ½ pounds, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, zested and segmented
- 1 to 2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon chives, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
2. Add tilapia and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Turn fish and add onion. Cook 6 minutes more or until fish is cooked through and onions are translucent.
4. Add orange zest and segments, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
5. Garnish with chives for serving.