Easy to make borekas using frozen puff pastry filled with the spicy flavor of kosher chorizo mixed with potatoes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 box (1 pound) Jack’s Gourmet Fresh Mexican-Style Chorizo Patties, defrosted and crumbled
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 16 5” puff pastry squares, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
1. In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 5-8 minutes.
2. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain water and place in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Mash potatoes and add sausage-onion mixture. Mash well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Allow to cool completely.
4. Place about 3 tablespoons filling onto each pastry square. Fold over to form a triangle and use the edge of a fork to seal the edges.
5. Place the bourekas on a greased baking sheet and brush with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and bake in a pre-heated 400° oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.