This Spicy Braised Broccoli Rabe side dish is an easy and flavorful compliment to almost any main course.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli rabe, trimmed and washed, or broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add broccoli rabe and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until wilted. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add balsamic and 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender. Stir in red chili flakes and season to taste with salt and pepper.