Appetizer, side dish or snack - homemade applesauce is a pleasure. Especially with nutmeg, cinammon and vanilla.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 apples cored, peeled and diced (use 2 different types)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
1. Place all the ingredients in a pan. (Do not add water.) Cover and cook until the apples are soft but not mushy.
2. Mash with a potato masher, leaving some of the apples in chunks.
3. Cool and serve.
This recipe can be doubled.