- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Turkey: 1-1/2 Tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (12-Pound) whole turkey, thawed if frozen
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons canola oil
1 Turkey : Mix chili powder, coriander, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, cinnamon, allspice, black pepper and cloves in small bowl. Cover and set aside.
2 Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; refrigerate and reserve for gravy. Drain juices from turkey; pat turkey dry with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold down neck skin.
3 Place turkey, breast-side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan. Rub turkey evenly with oil and sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
4 Roast turkey in a preheated 325 degree F oven for about 2 hours. Remove from oven and cover breast and tops of drumsticks with aluminum foil to prevent overcooking. Continue to roast for about 1-1/2 hours or until food thermometer reaches 180 degrees F when inserted deep in thigh. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
5 Mango Salsa: Combine mangoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Cover and chill. Serve spooned over the turkey slices.
National Turkey Federation