Pareve, easy to make ahead, party finger food. Traditional appetizer with a spicy twist!
- Prep Time
- 24 eggs ServingsServings
- 1 dz. hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons juice from can of jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 of a medium avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
1. Peel boiled eggs and cut in half widthwise*.
2. Remove the yolks and place the yolks and whites into two separate bowls. Rinse the egg whites and drain immediately to remove any remaining pieces of yolk.
3. Using a fork break up the egg yolks until it is a fine crumble. In a small bowl mash the avocado. To the yolks, add the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, pickled jalapeno juice, and avocado and beat the mixture with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. Then add the diced pickled jalapenos to the yolk mixture with salt.
4. Pipe the mixture into the egg white halves using a piping bag or just a plastic bag, chill for at least half and hour and serve.
*note the image shows eggs cut lengthwise which is the more common way to make deviled eggs, but I like the way these eggs sit up like cups, you can feel free to make them as you prefer.
If your egg whites won’t sit up straight, slice a bit of egg off the bottom to create a flat surface.
Image credit - Shutterstock