- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound whole-wheat ziti, or other medium shaped uncooked pasta
- 12 ounce cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 package frozen peas (10 oz.) defrosted and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, spray large skillet with Pam; warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the Dijon mustard and flour. Very gradually whisk in the chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil and stir in the lemon juice, peas, and parsley.
When pasta is done, drain it well. Toss pasta and cooked chicken with sauce, season with salt and pepper and serve.