Easy weeknight dinner combining pasta, sauce and sausage links. You can even make this with veggie sausage if you like. Serve with a side salad and dinner can be ready fast.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces (about 3-3/4 cups) white button mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
1 Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in large skillet cook sausage until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
2 Remove; set aside. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon fat or add oil to make 1 tablespoon; heat until hot.
3 Add mushrooms, green pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
4 Add reserved sausage and marinara sauce; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Ladle sauce over hot pasta.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com