- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless beef chuck shoulder steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup Chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
1 Heat oven to 350°F. Trim fat from beef steaks. Cut steaks lengthwise in half and hen crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
2 In ovenproof Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
3 Add beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic (half at a time) and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink.
4 Stir in rice, chili powder, salt and pepper.
5 In 2-cup glass measure, add tomatoes and enough water to measure 2 cups; add to beef mixture. Bake in 350°F oven, tightly covered, 50 minutes or until beef and rice are tender.
6 Remove from oven; stir in peas.