- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1/2 pound dried white beans (navy beans)
- 1 head garlic, papery skin removed, halved horizontaly
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, green parts only
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- coarse salt to taste
Soak the beans for 24 hours. Then drain and rinse.
Put the beans in a pot, add 3 quarts of water, the garlic, bay leaf, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a low simmer for 1 hour or until the beans are tender. (or cook in a pressure cooker for 3 minutes.) Drain the beans, discard the garlic and bay leaf, and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Spread the white beans in one layer and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Add the scallions and sauté for 1 minute. Add salt to taste, pour into a bowl and garnish with sun dried tomatoes.