- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound Spaghetti, Thin Spaghetti or Linguine, uncooked
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12- oz. jar roasted peppers, drained (liquid reserved) and diced
- 12 black olives, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flake
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
2 Preheat oven to 500-o F. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with vegetable oil cooking spray.
3 Lay the zucchini on the sheets and spray them with cooking spray. Roast the zucchini 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
4 In a medium, non-stick skillet warm the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute it until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
5 Add the onion and garlic to the zucchini and stir in the roasted peppers, olives, red pepper flakes and pasta.
6 Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Source: National Pasta Association