Feel free to turn this into a decadent dairy treat by using skim, low-fat or whole milk or even heavy cream. If you are not using vanilla flavored soy milk then you will need more sweetener about 3/4 cup total. As for the sweetener use sugar or another no cal sweetener in equal parts.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 1/2 cupsServings
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons stevia (or sweetner of your choice)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 cups vanilla soy milk (or vanilla almond milk)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
1. In a medium saucepan combine the cinnamon, cocoa powder and Truvia. Blend in the boiling water. Whisk the mixture as you bring it to an easy boil. Continue simmering and stirring for about 2 minutes, being careful not to scorch the mixture.
2. Whisk in soy milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil. Remove from heat and divide between 4 mugs. Serve each with a whole cinnamon stick.