Enjoy the flavors of the Southwest with this burger and top with your favorite guacamole and salsa.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 burgers ServingsServings
- 1½ pound ground beef
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ciabetta rolls, split
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled pitted and mashed
- 4 tablespoon Pice de Gallo
- In a large bowl combine beef, onions, beans, and cumin and mix well. Divide into 4 portions and form into ½-inch thick patties. Season both sides lightly with pepper.
- Cook burgers on a preheated grill for 8 minutes per side for medium rare or about 12 minutes per side for medium or longer depending on desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place each burger on a ciabatta roll with 2 tablespoons each mashed avocado and Pico de Gallo.
TIP: When making burgers, remove the ground meat from the fridge about 20 minutes before forming into patties. Resist the urge to over handle while trying to form perfect-looking burgers. Over handling will cause the meat to toughen.