- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 16- ounce jar medium (or hot) thick and chunky-style salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed corn or tortilla chips
- Additional salsa and sour cream for garnish (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 Combine rice and cheese in large bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Stir in salsa, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add salsa mixture to rice and cheese; mix well.
3 Spray miniature muffin pans with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons rice mixture into each cup, filling to just below the rim. Sprinkle crushed chips over filling, pressing slightly with back of spoon.
4 Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Janet Gilbert and the wholegrainscouncil.org