- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 Ounces TURKEY CUTLETS
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Large red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 2 (14.5-ounce) Cans diced tomatoes
- 3-1/2 Cups TURKEY STOCK, or low-sodium chicken broth
- 24 Pearl onions, peeled, 2 Medium baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Ears corn, husked, peeled and cut into sections, 1 Medium zucchini squash, sliced
1 Cut turkey into large pieces by slicing crosswise in 1-inch-thick pieces. Sprinkle turkey with salt, pepper and oregano.
2 Brown turkey in olive oil over medium-high heat in a large stockpot. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Transfer turkey to a plate.
3 Add red bell pepper to stockpot and sauté for 2 minutes. Return turkey to stockpot and stir in tomatoes and stock/broth. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4 Stir in remaining vegetables and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
Source: National Turkey Federation