- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Yellow onions, 1/2”dice
- 3/4 cup Long grained white rice
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chipotle peppers in adobo, pureed
- 3/4 cup Red bell peppers, 1/2” dice
- 3/4 cup Yellow squash, 1/2” dice
- 3/4 cup Green peas, frozen
- 2/3 cup California Ripe Olives, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese, crumbled
1 Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
2 Stir in rice and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until just golden. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute, then pour in water and chipotle puree.
3 Bring to boil, then turn heat down to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
4 In a separate sauté pan, heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over medium. Add peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5 tir in squash and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes. Turn heat down to low, stir in peas and olives and cook until heated through. Season with salt.
6 Toss sautéed vegetables with cooked rice. Garnish with green onions and cotija cheese just before serving.