For those who want a protein filled dish, this salad is perfect for your meal.
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 Shallots, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons Chopped orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups Cooked lentil beans
- 1 1/4 cups Cooked beets, Diced
- 1/2 cup Orange segments, halved
- 3/4 pound Diced smoked turkey (1/2-inch)
- 1 cup California Ripe Olives, halved
- 3 ounces Watercress
1 In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, sherry vinegar, shallots, orange zest, salt and pepper.
2 Divide into two large mixing bowls and set aside.
3 Toss lentil beans, beets and orange segments with one bowl of the vinaigrette.
4 Mix smoked turkey, California Ripe Olives and watercress with the remaining bowl.
5 To serve, spoon approximately 5 ounces of lentil mixture onto a plate.
6 Top with 3 ounces of smoked turkey mixture.