Find white or pink smoked trout to mix with your cream cheese for a new twist on Passover breakfast.
- Prep Time
- 1-1/ 2 cups, enough for 2 dozen canapés ServingsServings
- 8 ounces smoked trout or herring (kippers), pink or white
- 6 ounces (3/4 package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut into chunks
- 3 medium scallions, including 3-inches of the green tops, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt , approximately
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons prepared white horseradish (or freshly grated horseradish)
- 24 1/2-inch slices cucumber, optional
Cut the fish into chunks and place them in a food processor, discarding any tiny, thin bones. Add the cream cheese, scallions, 3 tablespoons yogurt, lemon juice and horseradish and process for 2-3 minutes, or until well blended. Spoon the mixture into a bowl to use as a spread.
Tip: To use as a dip, stir in more yogurt. To use for canapés, spread on baguette slices not more than 30 minutes before serving. You may replace the plain yogurt with milk.