- 6 to 8Servings
- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 salmon filets, diced (8-ounce each)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste.
Make the dill sauce:
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, dill, minced onion and salt and pepper. Mix to combine and then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make the salmon:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put 2 sheets of puff pastry on top of each other. Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle approximately 12 by 15 inches. Sprinkle with parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- In a saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the shallots until translucent. Add spinach and saute for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool mixture.
- Spread spinach over pastry, top with diced salmon, and season with salt and pepper. Roll up pastry, tucking ends in as you roll.
- Wrap pastry in parchment paper buttered with 2 tablespoons of butter and tie it up with kitchen string to hold roll together. Rub outside of paper with olive oil.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Unwrap, slice roll, and serve with dill sauce.