Tartare usually refers to raw meat or fish diced, seasoned, and shaped as a cake. You can feel free to use raw salmon or tuna in this recipe, but it is equally delicious with smoked salmon, which may be more acceptable to some people.
Related: Warm Salmon Salad
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 12 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, grated
- 3 tablespoons finely grated carrot (1 small carrot)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 endive leaves or baby romaine leaves
1. In a small mixing bowl, mix together salmon, shallot, carrot, parsley, horseradish, and mayonnaise.
2. Arrange leaves on individual plates or a platter. Scoop several teaspoons of salmon mix on each leaf.