- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 3 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut acorn squash in half (cutting through the stem end) and scrape out seeds.
2 Cut into 3/4-inch thick slices and place in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil and half the vinegar; spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
3 Bake for 20 minutes; sprinkle with walnuts and thyme and cook for 5 minutes more or until squash is tender.
4 Drizzle with remaining vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: California Walnut Board