This soup is a meal unto itself. I like to serve it with garlic bread and a big salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 PeopleServings
- 1 pound Jack’s Gourmet Hot Italian Sausage
- 5 large russet potatoes diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 cup chopped spinach stems removed
- 1 cup parve creamer (Can use almond milk)
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup Jack's Gourmet Facon chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut sausage into rounds and sauté’ in a TBS of olive oil about 7 minutes
Add garlic and onions to pan and sauté and additional 3 minutes.
Add sausage, chicken broth, potatoes, onion and garlic powder into slow cooker
Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker
Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
Cook on high setting 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours)
Mix flour into creamer and whisk until smooth
Sauté facon until crisp
30 minutes before serving, add creamer and kale to the slow cooker. Stir to mix.
Continue cooking on high setting for 30 minutes or until broth thickens.
Add facon, salt and pepper to taste.