This is a simple, delicious, and healthy Thai curry recipe. The chicken can easily be substituted with Tofu. In that case use Veggie stock instead of water, and reduce initial cooking time to 45 minutes.
Butternut squash can be substituted with most other winter squash/pumpkins.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound Chicken Thighs bone in
- 1 large Onion Medium Diced
- 4 medium Carrots Medium chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil olive or vegetable
- 2 quart Water or Stock Chicken or Vegetable
- 1 small Butternut Squash 1 inch cubbed
- 2 medium Sweet potato medium diced
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 3 piece Kafir lime leaves
- 2 whole Lemon Grass Stalks cut to 2inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon Ginger chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Thai Curry Paste amount varies by brand
- 1 cup Green Beans (or Broccoli) cut to bit sizes
- 1 large Red or Yellow Pepper medium diced
- 1 can Bamboo shoots Optional
- 1 bunch Cilantro cleaned and seperated
- 1 medium Lime cut into wedges
- 1 dash Salt to taste
In a slow cooker over high heat -- saute chicken, onion, and carrots until onions start to brown.
Add water, and salt to taste -- reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook for 3 hours until chicken falls from bone.
Add next 8 ingredients, cook on low heat another 20-30 minutes until squash is tender.
Add Broccoli (or green beans) and pepper. cook another 5 minutes.
Adjust Salt to taste.
Garnish with Cilantro and lime. Serve with your favorite rice.