A slow cooked beef pot roast turned soup is the perfect dinner any night of the week.
During the final stages add in broccoli slaw for crunchy veggies and a true one pot meal.
Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or prep it in the morning and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours and have it ready and waiting when you get home from work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes (cubes)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 Cup frozen peas
1 Cut beef pot roast into 12 equal pieces. Place in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
2 Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
3 Stir in broccoli slaw; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until broccoli slaw is crisp-tender. Turn off slow cooker. Stir in peas; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.