This is one of the best stews I have ever made. Throw everything in and forget about it all day. don't open the lid, although it is hard to resist while the house fills up with the aroma of this stew.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2-2 # beef stew meat I use Chuck Roast
- 1 can tomato soup undiluted
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups carrots cut bite-size
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cut bite-size
- 1 cup onion cut bite-size
- 1 cup celery cut bite-size
- 2 cans cut style green beans drained well
- 3 Tablespoons quick tapioca dry, boxed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper and minced garlic or to taste
Place all ingredients in a large bowl so all can be mixed thoroughly. Pour all into a sprayed or oiled crockpot. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
You can add or leave out whatever vegetables desired. Just keep the total amount of vegetables the same. I have also made this with chicken thigh meat, cut bite-size.