This is a great recipe to put up any winter morning and to come home to on a cold winter night. Hot soup with ground meat and orzo (or pasta) that has been simmering all day. Mouthwatering just to think about it!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound chopped meat or turkey
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cooked orzo. You can use any cooked pasta.
1. Crumple chopped meat/turkey into the bottom of the crock pot. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the cooked orzo.
2. Put the crock pot on medium heat and cook for the day.
3. About 1/2 an hour before serving add the cooked pasta.