The easiest way to make caramelized onions is here!!! Just pop the slices in the slow cooker and let the magic happen while you're at work with out any fear of burning.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
- 10 medium onions, any variety
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Peel and cut onions in half.
2. Cut ¼-inch slices and place in the slow cooker.
3. Toss the onions with oil and salt until well coated.
4. Cook in slow cooker on low for 10 hours. The onions are ready at this point, but there will likely be a lot of liquid. Use the liquid for soups or stews or remove the lid and cook for another 4 hours until all the liquid evaporates.
Store the caramelized onions in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.