- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 ServingsServings
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups (1/2 #10 can) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- #10 can (3 quarts) Pinto or Kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- l pound tvp
- 1-1/2 quarts (1/2 2310 can) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 quart barbecue sauce
- 50 buns
1 Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in oil in stockpot until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
2 Measure half of the beans into mixer bowl; mix with paddle until lightly mashed. Add whole and mashed beans to stockpot.
3 Rinse TVP in cold water; add to stockpot with tomatoes, corn and barbecue sauce. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes; uncover and cook until desired consistency, 10 to 20 minutes.
4 Spoon 4 ounces of mixture into each bun.