Simply Amazing Egg Noodles, are a bit of a mystery, originally I just wanted a little bit tastier than just “plain” noodles to accompany Shabbos, and/or Yom Tov meals. The end results are amazing. Kind of taste like parmesan noodles, but have no cheese. This recipe is pareve, and is probably one of my most asked for recipes. Serve them, hot, room temp or cold, alongside, or under any meat, poultry or fish dish, use them under leftovers as a pasta, like for stroganoff, or marsala, great for pareve lunches. Quick, easy, and inexpensive with a lot of flavor. I hope you will love them too!
- 1 package, medium or wide egg noodles (can be made vegan with non-egg noodles)
- 2 -3 Tbsp. pareve margarine
- 3 Tbsp. grape-seed or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. granulated garlic powder or more to taste
- 2 heaping tsps. pareve, chicken consume powder (I like the Osem, no msg, pareve)
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley
- handful, about ½ cup fresh challah bread crumbs
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook noodles per package instructions, drain, do not rinse!
In same hot pot, add margarine, add back hot noodles, add oil and mix well. Sprinkle granulated garlic and powdered consume over noodles, lightly toss to combine. Add parsley and toss to combine. Add bread crumbs, toss gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover pot, they will hold their heat nicely for a long time, or serve at room temp, or cold.