This caramel sauce comes together really quickly, no candy thermometer needed! You will find yourself drizzling it on everything, from pies to cakes to ice cream. It makes a beautiful gift; just pour it into a cute glass jar and wrap it up. Add the recipe to the tag for a nice touch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium-sized pot over low heat, melt the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Stir occasionally until the sugar is melted and bubbling, about 3 minutes.
2. Carefully stir in the heavy cream – it may bubble and spatter – and stir until combined. Add in the salt as well. Bring to a boil and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes until caramel has thickened slightly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour into a heatproof container and cover directly with plastic wrap. Caramel will thicken as it cools. It will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge, just warm slightly before using.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW