Every good Shavuot meal ends with a delicious but heavy cheesecake. It’s also not unheard of for the meal to be quite heavy too, filled with cheeses, pastas, and anything else that could feel like a rock in the bottom of your stomach.
Now, it is time to try something lighter. This salad is both filling and delicious, but also simple to prepare. The creaminess of the yogurt and tehina create a luscious new salad that will get your family away from all the heavy fattening things get them excited about salad. The seasoning in the dressing is light but its presence is felt throughout the dressing. Its creamy consistency and rich taste makes this a lot more than just another salad.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 2 green apples (chopped)
- 2 large scallions (diced)
- 1/3 cup of craisins
- 1/3 cup of walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds (chopped)
Tehina and Yogurt Dressing
- 1/4 cup tehina
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Toast your walnuts and sunflower seeds for about 2 minutes or until they are fragrant. Set them aside for later use.
- Chop your vegetables and place them in a large bowl.
- Combine all of your salad dressing ingredients together in a small container.
- Add your walnuts, sunflower seeds, and dressing to the salad. Toss your salad and serve.