The most common and widely used technique is hands-off and hands down the simplest of all. Often overcooked, you want to bake salmon until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes is actually all you need.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- Cooking spray
- 4 (5-oz) salmon fillets, skin on Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place salmon, skin-side down in a well-greased baking dish large enough to hold the fillets without touching.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over salmon, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Doneness Test: Salmon is cooked through when no longer red.
Dress It Up: Spoon about 1 table- spoon sauce or glaze of your choice over each fillet before baking.
Simple Savory Salmon Sauce: Mix together 1/2 cup light mayo, 2 teaspoons Gold’s White Horseradish, 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice, 1⁄8 teaspoon each dried dill, salt, and pepper. Spoon over fish and bake as instructed.