I am especially proud of this creation because I love to incorporate the simanim throughout my menu. This gorgeous, healthful and refreshing recipe satisfies so tastefully— I wouldn’t wait for the holidays to make it!.
This recipe calls for cooked beets. You can use boiled, canned or roasted (my favorite!)
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- ⅓ cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 gala or pink lady apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and made into ribbons using peeler
- 1½ cup quartered cooked beets
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, honey, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Place spinach on a large platter as the salad base. Artfully arrange apples, carrots, and beets on the spinach. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Drizzle the dressing over the top, and season with salt and pepper to taste; or serve the salad undressed, and let your guests add dressing to their own plate.