The absolute perfect hors d'oeuvre. You can also make these silver dollar pancakes into larger, classic, heartier sized latkes by using up to 1/4cup of batter. Of course the fry time will increase to about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (6-ounce) box Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon, cut into 10 pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- Fresh chopped chives, for garnish
1. Prepare Manischewitz Potato Pancake batter according to package directions.
2. Heat 1/4 inch olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
3. Drop 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake into the hot oil (careful not to overcrowd the pan), and lightly press down to flatten.
4. Place a piece of salmon over each pancake and top with another tablespoon of the batter.
5. Gently press down on the pancake to flatten again and fry until golden brown about 2 minutes on each side.
6. Drain pancakes on a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve warm with a dollop of crème fraiche and a sprinkling of chopped chives.