The Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem serves Classic Afternoon Tea Sunday - Thursday 3:30pm - 6:30pm.
"The British afternoon tea is made of small cucumber and cheese sandwiches, smoked salmon and classic egg salad alongside scones, sweet pastries and cakes. It is designed to stem hunger between lunch and dinner. All served in prestigious porcelain with silver butter knife, dessert forks and teaspoons", explains Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem Pastry Chef Claude Ben Simon.
Scones, the sweet rolls that are an inseparable part of the tea ceremony are served with jam and butter or rich English cream.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 cup (220g) flour
1 tablespoon (12g) baking powder
Pinch (2g) of salt
1/4 cup (70g) softened butter
1 1/4 tablespoons (20g) crème fraîche
1/2 cup (100g) milk, divided
1/2 cup (50g) confectioners sugar
1/8 cup (25g) white raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Mix softened butter with flour mixture. Add half an egg, crème fraîche, 1/3 cup (80g) milk and mix well.
4. Add powdered sugar and lemon zest, mix well until dough is smooth.
5. Divide dough into two halves and add raisins to one half. Roll dough until 1 1/2 inch (4cm) thick, use cutter to form 2 inch (6cm) circles.
6. Mix remaining egg, 2 tablespoons (20g) milk, pinch of sugar and brush tops.
7. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven at 325°F.
8. Garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and enjoy!