- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided
- 1/4 onion, sliced into strips
- 2-3 chicken breasts, 12 oz, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tomatoes, grilled
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 chipotle chili, chopped
- 4 corn tostadas
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
1. In sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add half of garlic and onion and sauté until brown. Add shredded chicken and pepper. Cook until heated through.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, combine tomatoes, remaining garlic, jalapeños, water, oregano and chipotle chile. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. To serve, warm tostadas and divide chicken mixture equally on each tostada. Garnish with onion and avocado.
To grill tomatoes, slice in half and remove pulp and seeds over sink. Place face down on grill or grill pan for 2-4 minutes.
Beware, this dish is spicy hot, so use fewer jalapeños to tame it down to taste.
Source: Canola Info