A savory and refreshing salad that is perfect for a hearty lunch or light dinner. Always use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
This Israeli-Inspired recipe, combines all the elements of classic fattoush in one sheet pan meal.
Related: 23 Israeli Salads
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed and cut into 1-inch dice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 stale pitas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- ½ cup chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss eggplant cubes with salt and place in a strainer. Allow to sit for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
3. Toss eggplant with evoo and pepper. Roast at 375°F on prepared sheet pan, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes until brown.
4. Toss pita, tomatoes, and almonds with evoo and add to the eggplant pan. Continue roasting for another 15 minutes until bread is lightly toasted and tomatoes are beginning to wilt.Cool eggplant mixture.
5. Toss eggplant mixture with salad greens, dates, cucumbers, and olives.
6. Shake tahini, lemon zest and juice, evoo, garlic, sumac, za’atar, salt, and pepper in jar. (If your tahini is thick, add a few teaspoons of water.
7. Toss salad with vinaigrette and serve on a platter or bowl.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.