Orange flavored chicken is a classic combination for a reason. Mix up the citrus, add some extra sweetness, and your chicken will be delicious every time. Roasting the chicken on a sheet pan achieves succulent, crispy chicken with the perfect glaze.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 5Servings
- 1 chicken (about 3½ - 4 pounds), cut into eight pieces
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Several fat juicy strips of orange zest
- Several fat juicy strips of lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (1 large orange)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (½ lemon)
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Pat dry chicken pieces and place, skin side down, in sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper. Place in oven uncovered. Roast chicken at 350°F for 20 minutes.
3. Whisk brown sugar, zests, juices, white wine, broth, vinegar, potato starch, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
4. Turn chicken over and pour sauce over chicken. Return to oven and cook 20 minutes more or until cooked through.
5. Serve chicken with pan a l’orange sauce spooned over.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.