Vegan BBQ? Oh yes! The whole family can get behind this Israeli-inspired dinner. Serve with Tomato-Garlic Bread that couldn't be simpler. Dress up any roll or slice with a simple and classic Spanish technique. Use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 medium carrots, cut into ½- x 2-inch pieces
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 2 zucchini cut into ½- x 2-inch pieces
- 1 small eggplant, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- 1 rustic loaf of bread, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced in half
- Kosher or sea salt
1. Preheat grill to medium or oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk cumin, paprika, allspice, turmeric, and cardamom. Set aside.
3. Toss carrots, red peppers, onion, zucchini, and eggplant with evoo, salt, pepper, grated garlic, and spice mix.
4. Grill vegetables until caramelized on all sides.
5. Serve with Tomato-Garlic Bread.
1. Preheat grill to medium.
2. Drizzle or brush bread with evoo. Grill bread slices until crusty and medium brown.
3. Generously rub hot bread slices with garlic and tomato. Sprinkle with salt.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.