If you can't find Shawarma seasoning make your own with 1 tablespoon each coriander, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, steak seasoning plus 1 teaspoon smoked paprika— for an easy finger food kid-friendly meal loaded with flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound dark meat cutlets, cut into 1/2” thick 2” long pieces
- 1/4 cup shawarma seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pitas, cut in half and opened
- 1 cup chummus
- 1/2 hot house cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 (1 pound) bag frozen French fries
- In a bowl, combine chicken, seasoning and olive oil and toss to coat. Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat and cook chicken until browned all over and cooked all the way through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- To assemble pitas, spread about 3 tablespoons of chummus between 4 open pitas and layer with cucumber. Divide chicken between pitas and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with fries and remaining chummus.