This recipe is fairly easy to prepare and has spread among our family as a traditional Rosh Hashana recipe. It comes out moist and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 chickens, cut in eighths
- 1¼ cups honey
- ¼ cup apple juice concentrate, frozen or defrosted
- 1¼ cup brandy, not essential
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package onion soup mix, about 2 tablespoons
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Mix honey, apple juice and brandy.
2. Dip chicken in liquid mixture. Then dip in mixture of sesame seeds, wheat germ, flour and seasonings. Place in non stick sprayed pan (or line with foil).
3. Bake at 325° for 1½ hours.
Can also use chicken breasts. If use cutlets, you may have to adjust baking time.