Use the secret rub on roasted chicken, fish and vegetables. The roast beef is a versatile dish that works as a main dish, in a sandwich and salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 pound silver tip roast (shoulder roast)
- 1 packet Lipton ranch mix
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1. Combine ranch mix, smoked paprika, ground cumin and black pepper. Add a few drops of oil to make a paste.
2. Rub all over the roast and place in 9 x 13 baking pan or roasting dish.
3. Allow roast to sit out at room temperature for twenty minutes, absorbing the rub.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
5. Place roast in preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes.
6. Lower oven temperature to 350°F and roast for an additional hour for medium doneness. If you would like the roast well done, roast for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing so juices redistribute properly.
8. Thinly slice and serve.
Nutrition information for one serving: 222 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 84 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 3 mg potassium, 4 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 28 g protein.