If you can't decide whether to have scrambled eggs or pizza muffins for breakfast, put it all together for a scrambled egg and mozzarella breakfast pizza. Also great as a late night snack!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons diced green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture, part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Split English muffin in half and toast. Set aside.
3. Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
4. Stir egg substitute, pepper and oregano into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring continuously until egg substitute is set, about 2 minutes.
5. Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half. Spoon a quarter of the egg mixture over pizza sauce and top with a quarter of the cheese. Spoon the remaining egg mixture and cheese evenly on top of the muffins.
6. Place the muffins on a baking sheet and bake* for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
*Or, bake in a toaster oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Source: National Dairy Council