This diner-style latke sandwich reminds me of late-night food and Sunday brunch all at once. Start with a basic latke recipe, like Jamie's Crispy Latkes, then add corned beef hash and spicy ketchup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Corned Beef Hash
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced corned beef, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 16 latkes (link under photo)
- Corned Beef Hash
- Spicy Ketchup
- Topping: scallions (optional)
Corned Beef Hash:
1. In a large sauté pan, sauté onion over medium-high heat 5 to 10 minutes, or until dark brown and caramelized. Add scallions and garlic; continue to sauté for 1 minute more, until softened.
2. Add corned beef and stir to combine.
3. Divide hash between 8 latkes, top with spicy ketchup and another latke.
1. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, hot sauce, and pepper. Mix together and dollop on the latke.