Here's a favorite recipe of mine that my guests love and that keep my kids coming back for more.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 ServingsServings
- 1-1/2 pound salmon filet (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoon chopped pecans (or pistachios or almonds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine mustard, horseradish sauce, lemon or lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Place salmon (skin side down), on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon the prepared sauce evenly over the top of the fish.
- Sprinkle evenly with chopped dill and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
If you whisk together the second through fifth ingredients (mustard through garlic), it'll make a mean salad dressing that's practically fat-free and flavor-full!
Contributed By: BONNIE TAUB-DIX,MA,RD,CDN