- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 C onion, chopped
- 1 C portabella mushrooms, rinsed, halved, then thinly sliced
- C celery, rinsed and finely diced
- 2 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 C instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1/4 C dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
1 In a 4-quart saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and celery. Cook and stir for 5–7 minutes, until all vegetables are soft, but not brown
2 Stir in the chicken broth, brown rice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3 Reduce heat to medium. Cook according to brown rice package directions, about 5–10 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid. Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.